Eagle Eye Bioscience has perfected next-generation ultra-high resolution and deep penetrating NIR-II real-time optical surgical imaging platform technologies.
NIR-II optical surgical imaging in pre-clinical animal studies are superior to NIR-I for:
- Detection and removal of tumor tissue and cells away from normal tissues and cells and necessary for preservation/sparing of vital anatomical structures (i.e., tissue, nerve and vasculature systems)
- Debulking/complete removal of widely infiltrative metastatic tumors in tissues & critical organs
- Unambiguous identification and elimination of tumor cells infiltrated into sentinel lymph nodes and lymphatics
- High definition of tumor cell-free surgical resection margins to prevent tumor recurrences and increase patient survival times
Eagle Eye provides sensitive, higher resolution, less expensive, safer and more effective clinically validated surgical workstations are needed for differentiating healthy from diseased tissues in real-time.
The Company’s proprietary NIR-II fluorescent tissue-specific dyes, agents, and surgical workstation technology platform offers high value to surgeons, patients and payors by fulfilling the unmet medical needs for:
- Intraoperative real-time ultra-high resolution imaging;
- Deep tissue penetration to visualize microscopic tumor cells, nodules & hyperplasia;
- Low background auto-fluorescence from cells and tissues;
- Photo-immuno-oncology NIR-II agents conjugated to high avidity tumor cell-specific antibodies/ affibodies/ ligands specifically targeted to tumor cells enabling intra-operative guidance of tumor resections with tumor cell-free surgical margins;
- NIR-II light is invisible to human eyes, does not alter surgical field & is safe/effective for diagnostics and therapeutics.
These Company devices & agents would significantly decrease relatively high percentages of radical tumor resections and locoregional tumor recurrences, increasing survival rates, decreasing morbidity, eliminating unnecessary tissue losses (i.e. nipple and breast tissue), reduce pain, and increase quality of life (QOL).